- Passport: You definitely need to have it with you to get in and out of Costa Rica and there needs to be 3 months of validity left on it.
- Travel Insurance: you probably won’t need it but its always better safe than sorry!
- Medical Insurance card, credit card, etc: We strongly recommend that you make xerox copies of these and all important cards/papers so that you have one with you at all times, and in case you should lose or misplace originals.
- Shots: There is no need to get any shots or take any pills to ward off Malaria or any other disease …unless you like to get sick. We’ve been in Nosara for over 10 years and there hasn’t been a case of Malaria yet!
- Sunscreen: Definitely 30 SPF and perhaps up to 50 SPF, depending on your skin sensitivity and time out in the sun.
- Loose-fitting long sleeve shirts and long pants
- Hiking boots and/or Sneakers and/or Tevas: for the adventurous… Flip Flops are NOT PERMITTED on Canopy Tour
- Bug repellent: (DEET is very good).
- Beach towel
- Rashguard (personal choice)
- Rain Jacket or Poncho and Umbrella*
- An international calling card: Very useful! You can also buy them in the country for cheap!
- Cash: Cash is king here and the ATM doesn’t accept Mastercard
- Money for the Departure Tax: You will need to pay a departure tax upon leaving Costa Rica in the amount of $26.00. You can either pay with cash or a Visa.
- Do not bring Traveler’s Checks
*Important during the “Green Season” (after May 1)
Note: There is a pretty well stocked mini-market with all your needs in town in case you space something!